Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy Phoenix 810-710ST CTO
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a HP ENVY PHOENIX 810-170ST CTO DESKTOP.  After running for 20 minutes or so, the system will make a continuous blowing noise and will shut off itself. After 1/2 hour and reboot, the system will come on and will run for 20 minutes and same trouble starts again. Think the liquid cooling system is not working and needs to be replaced but HP no longer carry the part. I did a google search and no cooling fan turned up that looks like what the system has.   Local PC tech wants $300 to fix it.  Replace both the fan and the heat sink? What part number should I search for?  Is it easy to do it myself? Let me know if you need the serial number.

I am asking for your  expert guidance here.  Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Sorry it should say 

HP ENVY PHOENIX 810-170ST CTO DESKTOP PC

Sorry for the confusion.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.