Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Desktop PC M01-F3000i (6W2P0AV)

My new HP PC is an HP Desktop (M01-F3302ng). It did not come with an internal ODD, and I want to put one in myself. My problem is this: 1. Where can I purchase the recommended optical drive for my PC, 2. one that ships to Germany and 3. doesnj't cost an arm and leg. I found one at ebay that was reseanable, $24.00. But with shipping, insurance, and outright price gouging, the cost jumped to $150.  Can someone recommend a drive for me, please? And yes, I've tried countless times to contact HP, but all I get is messages saying the page isn't available. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@dackelmonster,

Welcome to our HP community forum!

Price gouging indeed...

Honestly, I would suggest using an external optical drive, such as this purchase option via Amazon-Germany: External DVD Drive External USB 3.0 USB C CD Drive for Laptop Desktop PC Macbook External DVD Burner....

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.