Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 290 G1 MT Business PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello everyone,

I am looking for a way to install the latest Intel drivers for a Intel 630 graphics adapter on an HP business PC. I can download the Intel drivers update application, but when I run it, it refuses to install the drivers because they have not been validated for this PC and that I should contact HP for official drivers. However, I cannot find any. The SoftPAC update utility says that I have the latest drivers.

I am presently investigating a problem with an OpenGL application that isn't rendering correctly. I suspect that it may be related to graphics driver performance settings. When I visit the Intel support pages, they refer to optimization settings such as texture compression, bit depth, and other settings. Unfortunately, these seem to be inaccessible for this HP business PC. 

Can anyone advise how I can get access to these settings?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@turbineguy, welcome to the forum.

Here is the Software and Driver Downloads page for the workstation.  The Intel driver on the page is the latest available for Intel 630.  The drivers provided by HP are the only drivers that will be compatible.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Hi, @turbineguy

If you are wanting to use the latest driver from Intel, you have to manually install it.

Here's how...

Download the Intel graphics zip file at the link below and extract it to its driver folder.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27650/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-65-?pr...

After you do that, go to the device manager, click to expand the Display Adapters device manager category, and click on the Intel HD graphics adapter listed there.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update Driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option, and then at the bottom of that window, select the Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

Click on Have Disk, and browse to the unzipped graphics driver folder>Graphics>igdlh64 (setup information file), and the driver should install.

Then restart the PC.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help. I have been able to upgrade the drivers. However, I still have a problem with one of my OpenGL applications in that it seems to lose precision with fragment programs and GLSL shaders - textures don't seem to have as much detail as other vendors GPU's, even though the same function calls are being made.

How do I access the menus as described in this article:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005575/graphics-drivers.html

eg. Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help. I have been able to upgrade the drivers. However, I still have a problem with one of my OpenGL applications in that it seems to lose precision with fragment programs and GLSL shaders - textures don't seem to have as much detail as other vendors GPU's, even though the same function calls are being made.

How do I access the menus as described in this article:

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005575/graphics-drivers.html

eg. Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel.

This suggests there are ways of setting or adjusting texture and color depth precision?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, that I do not know.

You may want to post your question regarding that matter on the Intel desktop graphics support forum.

https://communities.intel.com/community/tech/graphics

HP Recommended

From what I have read, the "Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel" would be included with the drivers from Intel.  Therefore, if you don't have the original Intel video driver installed you won't have it.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.