Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Compaq Elite 8200 CMT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm have a very difficult time locating the most recent BIOS for my HP Compaq Elite 8200 CMT. I've followed the site's recommended steps for locating it, but it tells me, "We were unable to find drivers for your product."

I'm also looking for the flashing program itself.

If there's an sp*.exe on HP's ftp server I'd love to get some help finding it. 

I think the latest version is 2.32. Can anyone help me find it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

You will only find the BIOS updates under the W7 driver section on the support page.

I recommend that you update the BIOS using the F10 Flash method since the BIOS updates are not written to run in W10.

Also, if you flash to any BIOS version beyond v2.28 and you don't have W10 installed in UEFI mode, the system will take over 2.5 minutes to restart.

I don't know what BIOS version you are on, but if you installed W10 with the disk formatted in MBR, then do not update beyond v2.28.

Here is the latest BIOS update you are looking for...

00.02.33     May 1, 2019

Fix and enhancements:
- Provides latest Intel Microcode versions 0x2F for Sandy Bridge processors.

NOTE: Due to security changes, after loading this BIOS, older versions cannot be installed.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp96001-96500/sp96026.exe

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

You will only find the BIOS updates under the W7 driver section on the support page.

I recommend that you update the BIOS using the F10 Flash method since the BIOS updates are not written to run in W10.

Also, if you flash to any BIOS version beyond v2.28 and you don't have W10 installed in UEFI mode, the system will take over 2.5 minutes to restart.

I don't know what BIOS version you are on, but if you installed W10 with the disk formatted in MBR, then do not update beyond v2.28.

Here is the latest BIOS update you are looking for...

00.02.33     May 1, 2019

Fix and enhancements:
- Provides latest Intel Microcode versions 0x2F for Sandy Bridge processors.

NOTE: Due to security changes, after loading this BIOS, older versions cannot be installed.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp96001-96500/sp96026.exe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.