Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Pavillion all in one n-110 series
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I recently got a touch screen hp Pavillion all in one. The computer is locked. I tried to factory reset it but the computer couldn't do it.  Im not sure where to look for a replacement hard drive.  

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

hi

check if hard drive is damaged and not something else

HP PCs - Testing for Hardware Failures | HP® Customer Support

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

I really have no way to test the hard drive.  I am entirely locked out of this computer. It refuses to wipe anything. 

HP Recommended

Explain, please, say exactly, in what state is the computer, what happens when you start..
if you read the document carefully, you have different solutions to test the computer
including one with a usb key to create!
if you can't even start the computer, and use this usb key, I'm afraid it will be useless to replace the system disk

[start]This is an automatic response
in order to avoid writing the same thing each time

Some elements may therefore not apply to you 
To be able to answer you effectively, we need some information

we need the exact model of your computer, and the product number
To find it follow this
for a desktop computer

HP Desktop PCs - How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? | HP® Customer Support
and for a laptop
HP Notebook PCs - How Do I Find My Product Name or Number? | HP® Customer Support

Give the full name with the product number P / N

this is not a model:
HP Desktop M01-F1xxx
the requested product number must look like this
Product Number: 9EE50AA # ABA
the model corresponding to this number will therefore be
HP Desktop - M01-F1033wb

Give the full version of windows

for windows 10 type winver in the search box
if you give the best information
your problem could have a solution more quickly (depending on the difficulty, of course)
Learn how to use the Community

Advice for asking the "Very Best Question"

First-Time-Here-Learn-How-to-Post-and-More

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

My apologies! Here's the model number info

Product No. M9Z73AA#ABA

I'm working with a 27-n110 touchscreen all in one hp Pavillion. 

The computer is perfectly functional.  Previously owned by a deceased family member of a friend. It powers up running windows 10 and is under password protection.

The password is unattainable. 

The contents of the hard drive are of no use to anyone, I simply want access to the desktop. 

I have already disassembled the  unit and located the removable hard drive.  I am under the impression that I can replace the current hard drive with another running windows to regain access to the factory desktop.  Please do correct me if I'm wrong. Thank you for replying 🙂

HP Recommended

Well if it's just that there is a password, just recovery, you don't need to change the HDD
Unless you want to replace the existing HDD with a faster SSD
you have here, the possible indications in order to make a factory recovery, or installation of windows if not possible with the original options

HP Pavilion 27-n110 TouchSmart All-in-One Desktop PC Product Specifications

Software recovery options (Windows 11 and Windows 10)

How to reset your computer to factory settings (Windows 11, 10)

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

I will look into recovery, my biggest issue currently is that the computer refuses to be factory reset.  When accessing the utility screen by holding the left shift and pressing the reset button, I have two options.  To completely format the drive or just erase files.  Neither of those options will complete.  They claim an error has occurred and no changes have been made

HP Recommended

hi

do you try  Reset this PC (f11)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04758961

the options change depending on the model, and if there has not been a particular manipulation that destroyed the recovery partition, and recovery manager!

or use the other option

Microsoft Windows Media Creation Tool

HP Cloud Recovery Tool

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.