Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion H8-1080t
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Dear Community,

I just bought  a M.2 NVME to PCIe 3.0 x4 Adapter + SK hynix Gold P31 1TB PCIe NVMe SSD  and installed them to Desktop HP Pavilion H8-1080t (through PCIe slot).  I want to use it for an additional storage drive.

I tried to locate and format the new drive using disk management, but it shows that NO drive found for the PCI device. I updated motherboard BIOS (2012) - sp56367.exe, and I still can not locate the new drive in BIOS. 

I really appreciate any advices for the fix!

Charlie 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Charlie1181 , welcome to the Community.

I believe this is a compatibility problem with the adapter, M.2, SSD and the motherboard.  The motherboard is 10 years old and you are attempting to add the latest, greatest, components to it.  I suggest that you contact the manufacturer of the adapter and M.2's Tech Support to see what they have to say.  They are the experts on their products.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

M2 SSD works not. Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.