Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 570
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I installed a WD blue SSD sata m.2 in the m.2 slot (m keyed) but the BIOS doesn't recognize it. Maybe the Lubin motherboard accepts PCIE m.2 SSD only?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
I replaced my m.2 sata ssd with a m.2 pcie ssd and now it works perfectly. As I supposed, the slot only supports the pcie protocol.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@FrankB2

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Riddle_Decipher is at your service.

I understand the WD Blue SSD M2 SATA isn't being recognized on your computer,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

What is the product number of your product? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

If you haven't, Here's a related HP Forums post that seems to have helped others: Click here for the steps.

(Though the header/title may be different, the steps will help resolve your concern).

Please reply with the details for further assistance.

Eager to help!

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,​​​​​​​

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
I have the exact same problem.
I verified that the WD ssd is working correctly.
It is the computer's issue. I just bought the HP 570 from Costco.
HP Recommended
I replaced my m.2 sata ssd with a m.2 pcie ssd and now it works perfectly. As I supposed, the slot only supports the pcie protocol.
HP Recommended

I just purchased an HP Pavilion 570-p026 (LUBIN MB) desktop.  The system came with 12GB memory, 1 TB HD and DVD.  I want to moved my Windows 10 OS to the SSD.  I installed the WD SSD in the M.2 slot on the MB.  but the SSD is not showing up anywhere, including windows explorer or Storage management or the BIOS.  (it would be nice is someone provided the screw that holds the SSD in place since non of the various computer screws i have collected over the past 20 years fit).  So first thing ii'd like to have the 550GB SSD recognized, then 2nd move the OS to the SSD. 

HP Recommended

I solved buying a pcie m.2 ssd

HP Recommended
Can this be solved by changing the bios setting of this m.2 slot? Too bad HA limited the bios utility to very basic function.
I suggest HP should fix this issue. Or put a big warning sign outside the box saying the only available m.2 slot is not compatible with SATA. Since there is No empty SATA socket available on the morning therboard, the only empty m.2 slot become the only solution to add another drive.
HP Recommended

Dig it, the idiots do not supply a screw, but I took one off a Sony transister radio from the early 1960s, fits perfectly. Too bad the BIO can't see the M.2 SATA.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.