Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 570-p030
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an M.2 socket 3, Key M on the motherboard.  It is a Lubin mother board, SSID: 82F2.  I installed a Samsung EVO 960 SSD.  No screw came with the hard drive.  There was no screw provided with the hard drive.  What size screw do I need?  Where can I get one?

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi

Do you have the female motherboard standoff? Take the standoff to your local hardware store.

Amazon had a two pack for sale but are currently out of stock. Maybe you can find a similar item on Amazon or try Newegg.

You can check the specs on the screws at Amazon here.

Don't know why they are so hard to find online.

Tom

HP Recommended

Would this work?  Newegg m.2 screw

HP Recommended

Hi

I can't say for sure.

Newegg is not giving the screw dimensions.

All this stuff should be standardized.

Do you have the HP motherboard (MB) standoff or is it installed in the motherboard mounting point now?

The female MB standoff must be in place so you can attach the drive to the motherboard with the correct screws.

Tom

HP Recommended

Yes, I have the standoff on the motherboard.  I have the SSD installed with a screw that will fit in the standoff, but the head is smaller than the hole in the SSD.  I used a washer so the screw head does not go through the hole in the SSD.

HP Recommended

Hi

Try the Newegg option if you don't mind spending $3.99 plus shipping.

It may do the job.

Tom

HP Recommended

I ordered the screws from Newegg.  The shipping was free.  I'll post whether they fit or not.

HP Recommended

The screw worked.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.