Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I installed new m.2 sata ssd 128 gb in my desktop hp slim 270-PC033IN but in bios it is not showing or detecting can anyone help? Does i have to remove sata dvd writer or hdd as it has only two sata port m.2 is separate or connect with either sata port 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi, @Dubey998 

NVMe SSD's use an entirely different storage controller than SATA SSD's do.

I gave you that link for you to read and if you had read it, you would have seen that other forum members installed SATA SSD's in the same motherboard and also reported they did not work.

I repeat...only a M.2 NVMe SSD will work in your PC.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi:

You have to install the right type of M.2 SSD in your PC.

Your PC's Lubin motherboard M.2 slot only supports NVMe SSD's not SATA.

See this discussion...

M.2 SSD forHP Desktop? - HP Support Community - 8317481

HP Recommended

But in bios there is only ahci option i don't find nvme 

HP Recommended

hi

no matter @Dubey998 
your ssd does not work read the thread, you need a compatible ssd

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Add-M-2-SSD-to-Lubin-Motherboar...

"I received my SSD, and it installed perfectly fine... thank you! "

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Looking-to-upgrade-storage/m-p/...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi, @Dubey998 

NVMe SSD's use an entirely different storage controller than SATA SSD's do.

I gave you that link for you to read and if you had read it, you would have seen that other forum members installed SATA SSD's in the same motherboard and also reported they did not work.

I repeat...only a M.2 NVMe SSD will work in your PC.

HP Recommended

Yes, I also think you are wright.

Thanks.

One more problem I have with my hp laserjet 1005 Printer after windows 10 update printing error problem I tried to reinstall driver but failed to install driver error occurred any solution???

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to help you with any printer problems, as I have no experience with HP printers.

I recommend that you post your question in the HP printer section:

Printer Setup, Software & Drivers - HP Support Community

HP Recommended

I replace m.2 sata ssd with nvme ssd and installed now working fine 

I  have some douts

1 Can I Install operation system in nvme ssd???

2 do I have to disable secure boot option before installing?? if i disable secure boot option my computer stop starting from old hardrive ?? 

3. Is dual boot possible in UEFI mode??

4. does hp have cloning software.

HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, you can install Windows on the NVMe SSD.

You can use the HP cloud recovery tool with another PC running W7 64 bit or newer and a 32 GB USB flash drive to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your PC.

Here is an info link for how to use the utility.

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool in Windows 11 and 10 | HP® Customer Support

Since you will have to install the recovery tool on another PC, after you launch it, you will need to enter your PC's product number in the tool's search window to proceed.

Your PC's product number is:  Z8F07AA#ACJ

You should not need to disable secure boot, but if for some reason you do, your PC should still boot from the hard drive.

HP does not have cloning software, but you can use other free utilities such as Macrium Reflect to clone the hard drive's contents to the SSD.

Macrium Software | Reflect Free Edition

You will have to decide what drive you want to boot from.

Normally the PC will boot from one drive or the other, not both.

I recommend that once you get the NVMe SSD up and running, that you format the hard drive and use it for storage only.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.