Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Title. I've looked at a EVGA GTX 1650 Super so far. Would prefer anything under $200 but I can probably go a bit over, and not limited to a Nvidia card.

The integrated graphics have served me well but I've started noticing lag in some games I play so I think an upgrade would be great.

(Although, I'm really not sure if this computer can handle an upgrade... the PSU is 180W.)

---
Desktop M01-F0014 (Ryzen 3 3200G, 8GB RAM)
Corsair K55 and some random office mouse I got at target
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@tda3,

The HP M01-F0014 utilizes an HP proprietary designed PSU.  I wrote a spreadsheet on PSU and GPU examples for those  types of computers.  Your computer is in the M01 series, and although my list, at this time, does not have the F0014 listed, it is an Erica2 motherboard.  The GTX 1650Super is a 100W card.  Most upgrades then revolved around the 400W PSU models.

Your "base unit" only has an I3-3200U CPU and 8 GB of motherboard ram, so be gentle.  If you were to mention a game title,   I would be more inclined to evaluate the entire system.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

@Wb2001,

My current game (that drove me for GPU upgrades in the first place) is Genshin Impact (open world RPG, uses 100% of the integrated GPU when in-world). In another message on this forum I found the part number L04618-800. I looked it up on HP's part website, it's a 400W PSU. I think I'm going to call up HP's support up tomorrow about it, see if it's compatible with my machine... and hope I don't torture the rep that much. 😛

Thanks.

---
HP Recommended

So a little bit of an update: The L04618-800 PSU is not compatible with this machine. I'll probably put this upgrade stuff on the backburner or just entirely forget about it if I don't find a way (maybe just build a whole new machine... lol)

Thanks.

---
HP Recommended

@tda3 

First I sent you a PM.

Requirements of that game as shown.   You would need 16GB RAM, and a 6GB video card GTX 1060 or above.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

@tda3,

Read this carefully.  Re-read the cross reference file. Attention to the l08261-001 and l08660-800 are both 180W, and you have one of these in your system.  Their interchangeable. Then look at this.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Power-Supply-Upgrade-for-an-HP-...

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.