Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 290 G2 Core i5 I5-8500 3 GHz 4 Go RAM 500 Go
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Samsung 970 EVO plus 250 Go for upgrade my HP G2

First, find the slot. There is one not so easily ususable. Ok

But, there is no screw in the hole. So You 'll have to find  one, and it is very very little.

Ok, the SSD is recognize in the Bios.

Now copy the HD on the new SSD.

The Samsung migration Tool do it, and the SSD is bootable. But without recovery partition

For copying the new SSD on another, bootable,  Easus todo backup free 11.5 do it (not the older versions)

So the  HP G2 is fully compatible with a a Samsung 970 EVO plus 250 Go, if you find the good screw...

HotChip

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Ok, I have received my screws pack from China.

It is M2*3.5.

M2

🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@HotChip wrote:

.. if you find the good screw...

@HotChip 

I've got no idea why they can't make a STANDARD screw, I bought few adapters, enclosures, few M.2 SSD's both SATA and NVMe. They come with screws, yes metal screws, not one but 2, 3 or 4 screws and amazing: none on them fit to THEIR holes.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

🙂

Who know the SIZE of the screw for M2 slot  on HP motherboard ?

HP Recommended

Ok, I have received my screws pack from China.

It is M2*3.5.

M2

🙂

HP Recommended

Where is m.2 port on this computer? I cant find it but it is written in specs.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.