Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP PAVILION TP01-0066
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a, ( HP PAV. TP01-0066 PC, AMD Ryzen™ 7, 3700X, 8GB Memory, 256GB SSD, WIN.-10 ), With A, ( Asus Dual Geforce GTX 1660 Super Mini Gaming Graphics Card ), ( Mother Board Name : ERICA, SSID : 8643 ),,, ( PCIe 3., 6GB GDDR6 Memory )...I am wanting to Install these Memory Cards, ( CORSAIR VENGEANCE® LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM, 3200MHz, C16 Memory Kit )-Will these Memory Cards Workwith this PC, andWill the Speed of this PC be, ( 3200MHZ, with a CAS Latency of 16 ) ??? Is there any thing that I would need to configure, to make shore that this PC works properly with these Memory Cards ??? The Memory card that came with this PC only has a speed of, ( 2666 with a CAS Latency of 20 )...But the Upgrade Info on the Specs, says Supports PC4-25600 ( DDR4-3200 ),,, any advice would be appreciated,,,Thank You, VCC... I have a, ( HP PAV. TP01-0066 PC, AMD Ryzen™ 7, 3700X, 8GB Memory, 256GB SSD, WIN.-10 ), With A, ( Asus Dual Geforce GTX 1660 Super Mini Gaming Graphics Card ), ( Mother Board Name : ERICA, SSID : 8643 ),,, ( PCIe 3., 6GB GDDR6 Memory )...I am wanting to Install these Memory Cards, ( CORSAIR VENGEANCE® LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM, 3200MHz, C16 Memory Kit )-Will these Memory Cards Workwith this PC, andWill the Speed of this PC be, ( 3200MHZ, with a CAS Latency of 16 ) ??? Is there any thing that I would need to configure, to make shore that this PC works properly with these Memory Cards ??? The Memory card that came with this PC only has a speed of, ( 2666 with a CAS Latency of 20 )...But the Upgrade Info on the Specs, says Supports PC4-25600 ( DDR4-3200 ),,, any advice would be appreciated,,,Thank You, VCC...

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@SAMSON-,

I would hold off on any choice.   There is a contradiction in HP websites.  Another contradiction is your statement of original configuration.   I would question  why only 2x8 GB.  Also, Corsair Vengeance is NOT listed compatible.  What site gave you that certified choice ?   IMHO, 2 x 16 GB is better.

HP support page states Two PC4-25600 (DDR4-3200) 2x16GB

HP PartSurfer states DDR4-2666 and is CL-19

As we on the forum are volunteers, and not privy to internal documents,  I will ask HP to clarify.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Wb2001
I do not know about HP's website, contradicting itself ??? Aa far as your question of, why only 2x8Gbs of ram. First, 2x8Gbs is a lot cheaper than, 2x16Gbs. Second is a total of 16Gbs of ram is, plenty enough to play games, as well as General purpose comp. As as my contradiction of the original configuration, I only saed, there was one memory card, and it is only 8Gbs. The PC has 2 channels, and is Upgradable to a total of 32Gbs. As I had stated I was wanting to Upgrade it to 2x8Gbs, One 8Gb per channel. I do not know where You got that, some site told me that 2x16Gbs is better??? But after speaking for Two hours, on the phone with Crosairs Site. There Tech. saed that there (2x8Gbs)=16Gbs Corsair VENGEANCE LPX, would work.
And on your Part Surfer site, all I see is OEM Parts, unless I am missing something. By Your advice, I have changed the PSU too 500 W. And the Graphics Card too, Asus GeForce GTX 1660S. And these are not listed on your Part Surfer ???
I was just on AMDs Site, and they only had Two Corsair VENGEANCE RGB cards that were listed, and expensive, that would work on this PC ??? Sorry if there was any misunderstanding, I still would appreciate any advice, on this matter...Thank You,

HP Recommended

@SAMSON-,

HP has certified that unit to work with 3200 RAM.  Apparently your unit was built with a single 2666 RAM.

You called it "your PartSurfer".  (PartSurfer is a list of the basic components used in building. It is not all inclusive.).  I am not HP,  I am a volunteer.

RGB memory is for users that like to watch the colors,  that is why it is pricey.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.