Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
H8 1020
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been researching video cards to replace my HD 6570 video card.

I have upgraded my power source to 465 watts. Power source does not

have 6 or 8 pins. So all power will come form the motherboard which is 

a carmel board that is legacy bios.

That is the problem I am finding it is hard to find cards that will work and are

in stock. I am looking for a 2 to 4 gb card perferably 4gb.

I have asked on forums about this one some say yes this card will work, some say no ask HP first.

Not all cards say if they are legacy compatible or not. Some have legacy swithes other do not.

I find it confusing. I bought a zotac 750 ti earlier it did not work just beeped and had an agrument to

get them to take it back.

I just want to be sure before I buy this time. Will this one work or can

you suggest another one.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I would think they did. They worked on it for about an hour.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@wolfy4,

Not sure what you motive is for the upgrade ?  I say that because of item #3.

Lets get this situation fixed !!!!   Your concise information was very helpful. 

1) The best card would be a GTX 660 legacy card. See here.

2) Get a Corsair CX600 PSU. Exact fit, and all correct PCIE power leads.

3) And by the way, that  I7-2600 is the MAX for that system. No further upgrade !!!!

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Thank you for the response.

I was looking to up grade to at least  2 gb card to extend the use of this pc.

The HD6570 in it now is 1 gb

It works very well but it needs a little help with gaming.

I have looked up the GTX 660. Supply is lower and expensive.

I really don't like the thought of buying one used.

Legacy cards are harder to find. Will a legacy switch card

or a dual bios card work. I saw a MSi R7 250 card that someone posted

is dual bios. Not sure if it better or not.

HP Recommended

@wolfy4,

MSI does make some dual boot (switchable) cards.  Comparing the 2 cards.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

That shows the R7 250 cards is not as good as the gtx 660, in someways not even close.

But it is still better than the HD 6570 which I have now.  Also the R7 250 is available new.

I guess the conclusion is if I stick with a less fancy card that is dual bios or

has a legacy switch I should be fine then?

Probably better to go with the legacy switch as a guarantee 

that it will work.

HP Recommended

I ended up buying the r7 250.  It will not work in my computer.

Even took it to a computer shop. They could not get it to work as well.

There was no bios issue it just would not work.

I have given up on the whole upgrade idea.

Thanks for the help

HP Recommended

@wolfy4,

Did the computer shop turn off Secure Boot?

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
HP Recommended

I would think they did. They worked on it for about an hour.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.