Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion TG01-0xxx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, been looking everywhere for answers, so hope one here can help.

Im looking to upgrade the standard hp cpu cooler thats in my prebuild, Does anyone know that max length of the cooler?

And a side question, where can i get my hands on the 500w power supply, insted if the included 400w, cant find it on hp's site.

Thanks in advance, and stay safe.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@AlitGaming Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are looking for the CPU cooler.

(HP does not recommend upgrades as the device is equipped with parts that perform at its optimal performance and also, the upgradeable parts listed in HP articles are purely for your ease, though the decision to upgrade will be at your own discretion)

Why did you have to replace the Coolmaster fan with a fan from a Wraith Spire Cooler?

In some clarity, can you state which heatsink is mounted.  You stated the Wraith Spire Cooler heatsink would not fit/mount.

What were/are the specs on both fans in terms of RPM rating.

From the page references:

• Verify that there is unrestricted airflow to and from the CPU's heatsink and fan.
  • Move the computer away from other sources of heat, or to colder place.
  • Clean the CPU's heatsink and fan. Also clean other fans that are usually attached to your computer case.
  • Make sure that you use thermal paste when you install the CPU's heatsink.
  • Replace CPU's heatsink/fan with a more powerful one.
  • Add more fans to your case.
  • Replace the computer case with a case, that provides better airflow and more extensive cooling capabilities.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

@

Ah yes sorry, didnt realise that there is a ryzen model.

I have the i5 9400f, 2060S model, so the cooler is the normal hp heatsink and fan, with limited performance. I easily hit 80-90C° while gaming. As for air flow, there is only a fitting for the back 92mm fan, tought the front panel had flow through the top but that "grill" is only for aesthetic, so unless i cut into it i cant mount a fan in the front. And would very much avoid that, at least till the warranty is over. Had been looking at the Be Quiet! Pure Rock Slim, as it's 12.48cm tall, and has push pin, cause i cant take the motherboard out of this case.

And if i wanted to move case i would have to buy "case, motherboard and a new psu. So in wondering if you knew if that cooler would fit or if you got an idea to get better airflow. 

Anyway thanks for the reply, hope you got the needs to help a desperate gamer out xD.

Stay safe. Best regards, Alit.

HP Recommended

@AlitGaming,

The 500W HP proprietary supply,  model L05757-800

https://parts.hp.com/hpparts/Search_Results.aspx?mscssid=38F75E303D1C4F6593CC44857DDED242&SearchIn=P...

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.