Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Victus by HP 15L Gaming Desktop PC TG02-0000i (491A7AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hallo Everyone

I own a  Victus by HP 15L Gaming Desktop PC TG02-0000i (491A7AV)

It comes with 16GB RAM 3200Mhz. I want to upgrade it to 32GB. Whats the max supported RAM speed? 

In the BIOS I didnt find any setting for the RAM speed. Can I use 3600 cl18 or betterr stick with 3200 cl16?

Thanks for letting me know

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@WinterD,

Welcome to our HP User Forum!

Your Victus by HP 15L Gaming Desktop PC TG02-0000i (491A7AV) as fitted with a Reno2 motherboard (SSID: 89B5), can be fitted with up to 2 x 32GB of DDR4 PC4-25600, 3200 MHz, Non-ECC, Unbuffered, UDIMM, 288-pin RAM modules, as verified here, for example: https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/hp---compaq/hp-victus-15l-tg02-0000i.

When you look at this HP Victus by HP 15L Gaming Desktop TG02-0xxx User benchmark link: UserBenchmark: HP Victus by HP 15L Gaming Desktop TG02-0xxx Compatible Components, you'll see that the max RAM speed attained by these PCs does not exceed 3200 MHz.

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@WinterD,

Welcome to our HP User Forum!

Your Victus by HP 15L Gaming Desktop PC TG02-0000i (491A7AV) as fitted with a Reno2 motherboard (SSID: 89B5), can be fitted with up to 2 x 32GB of DDR4 PC4-25600, 3200 MHz, Non-ECC, Unbuffered, UDIMM, 288-pin RAM modules, as verified here, for example: https://www.crucial.com/compatible-upgrade-for/hp---compaq/hp-victus-15l-tg02-0000i.

When you look at this HP Victus by HP 15L Gaming Desktop TG02-0xxx User benchmark link: UserBenchmark: HP Victus by HP 15L Gaming Desktop TG02-0xxx Compatible Components, you'll see that the max RAM speed attained by these PCs does not exceed 3200 MHz.

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. I will get a pair of that RAM 

KF432C16RB1K2/32.

It will do the job hopefully.

thanks again, have a nice weekend ahead.

HP Recommended

@WinterD,

You are quite welcome -good luck!

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

Hi I have the victus 15L TG02-0xxx with i7 12700 and the rtx 3060 ti with 500 80 plus gold power supply, I would like to change the gpu and take the rtx 4070 from msi dual fan I shouldn't have problems mounting it right? Or do I need some adapter? Thank you.

HP Recommended

@Ivagrom76,

The Victus 15L may not be roomy enough to allow the installation of an RTX 4070 unless you got a smaller edition, such as the MSI RTX 4070 VENTUS 2X OC.  Both the RTX 3060 Ti and an RTX 4070 have the same TDP (200 watt), so you shouldn't have to upgrade your power supply if your RTX 3060 Ti runs fine for you with your existing PSU.

Your RTX 3060 Ti requires a 12-pin PCIe power cable, whereas an RTX 4070 requires a single 8-pin PCIe power cable -please confirm.  If this is the case, and your Victus 15L's power supply does not provide an 8-pin power cable, you'll need an adapter. Let me know what your situation is.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

thanks for answering me, , in fact i want to buy the msi ventus oc version Anyway my 3060 ti to an 8 pin connector so no problem

I did some tests as the length is fine and the width is not fine my 3060 ti is 11 cm wide while the 4070 is 12 and a half this one and a half centimeters makes me get out the video card and I could not close it I should leave it open a question can you change the case? because if it can be changed I solved the problem I have a doubt that the motherboard is soldered I hope not.

HP Recommended

@Ivagrom76,

Based on what I see here: HP Victus by HP 15L Gaming Desktop TG02-0xxx Performance Results - UserBenchmark, it should be possible to install an RTX 4070 in your Victus by HP 15L Gaming Desktop PC TG02-0000i (491A7AV) as fitted with a Reno2 motherboard (SSID: 89B5).  Based on this User benchmark, it is likely that at least one RTX 4070 graphics card would fit in your case. You may have to do some research to figure out which one(s).

When it comes to changing your Victus 15L case/chassis, I have no experience with that.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.