Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
15-dw1016nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi there, i would know how much ram i can mount in this model: 15-dw1016nl. I saw in crucial site, they say that se maximum is 64 GB . I would find out this information in the hp website in the specifications of this model but it isn't there.

Does anyone know for sure how much RAM is possible to mount?

Thank you all

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Anytime, Leonardo.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Paul

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hi::

HP only has the old service manual linked to your notebook's support page.

HP 15-dw1000 Laptop PC series Manuals | HP® Customer Support

Chapter 1 has the memory upgrade info.

The manual indicates that only 2 x 8 GB of memory is supported, but certainly you can install 2 x 16 GB of DDR4-2666 MHz memory in your notebook, and most likely 2 x 32 GB as shown in the Crucial memory report.

HP Recommended

Hi Paul, thank you for your answer

I checked in that page a lot of times but in italian version there isn't the "Maintanance and Service Guide" but only "User Guide" so i was getting crazy 

If I am not wrong you are saying that those information are referred to old versions too so I can add more RAM to this laptop? If it is right i could add a 16 gb slot reaching 24 without problems, do you think it will be good?

Thank you again

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, HP only provides the service manuals in English, which is why you don't see one when you search the Italian support site.

I am sure that if you buy one of the 16 GB Crucial DDR4-2666 MHz memory modules listed in their report, it will work fine alongside the 8 GB memory module, and you will have 24 GB of memory.

I do recommend that you install another 16 GB memory module in the future, so the memory runs in the better performing dual data rate (DDR) mode.

Normally the memory runs in the lower performing single data rate (SDR) mode when unequal memory capacities are installed.

HP Recommended

Ok , do you think that 24 GB in SDR are better than 16 GB in DDR?

Thank you 

HP Recommended

Yes.

I think that 24 GB would be better, and leaves you the option to upgrade to 32 GB later.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your help, you helped me so much

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Please post back and let us know how your notebook's memory upgrade project went.

HP Recommended

Hi there, due to economic reasons i decided to buy a 8 GB slot besides i don't need so much ram in my laptop, i think I will be fine with 16 GB for my operations.

I have one more question, i post it here but if it isn't ok I will create a new post. I have a little PCIe SSD and i'm sure that in future i will add one in the SATA 2.5 space that my pc has, for this reason i saw where it should go but i didn't find the place where i should insert the new SATA 2.5 SSD. I took a picture of the space where the SSD should go, a friend of mine said that i should remove the plastic piece that I circled in red and there will be the pins for the new SSD

Is it correct?

Laptop opened : https://ibb.co/CBkGnQV

HP Recommended

Hi:

I suggest you start a new topic on that.

I believe you need a 2.5" SATA board, cable and a caddy to support the 2.5" drive.

See chapter 3, page 18, item 17 of the service manual I posted the other day...

(17) Hard drive board (does not include cable)                                               L52024-001

NOTE: The hard drive board cable is available using spare part number L52025-001

If the image you circled is the hard drive board, then you would still need the cable, because I don't see that.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.