Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop - TP01-0070
Microsoft Windows 11

I have an HP Pavilion Desktop TP01-0070. I need to know what is the maximum ram I can add. I have 16GB and need to know how much more I can add.

Thanks for the help in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the product specs for your PC.

HP Pavilion Desktop - TP01-0070 Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

The memory upgrade info can be found under the motherboard specs link.

• Dual channel (1 DIMM per channel) memory architecture
  • Two DDR4 UDIMM (288-pin) sockets
  • Supports PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666)
  • Supports 8 GB and 16 GB DDR4 UDIMMs

Supports up to 32 GB (unbuffered) with two 16 GB DIMMs on 64-bit computers

According to the Intel specs for your PC's processor, it can support up to 128 GB of memory with 4 memory slots.

Intel® Core™ i7-9700 Processor

Personally, I don't think you need more memory than 32 GB of memory, but if you want to see if your PC can support 2 x 32 GB of memory, you can do this...

1. In the search box, search for cmd and click Run as administrator. This will open the command prompt.

2. Once command prompt is opened, type wmic memphysical get maxcapacityEx and hit enter.

There, it will show the maximum RAM capacity your PC's motherboard can support.

The capacity is shown as Kilobytes, so you have to convert it to Gigabytes by dividing the number provided in the report by 1,048,576.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the product specs for your PC.

HP Pavilion Desktop - TP01-0070 Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support

The memory upgrade info can be found under the motherboard specs link.

• Dual channel (1 DIMM per channel) memory architecture
  • Two DDR4 UDIMM (288-pin) sockets
  • Supports PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666)
  • Supports 8 GB and 16 GB DDR4 UDIMMs

Supports up to 32 GB (unbuffered) with two 16 GB DIMMs on 64-bit computers

According to the Intel specs for your PC's processor, it can support up to 128 GB of memory with 4 memory slots.

Intel® Core™ i7-9700 Processor

Personally, I don't think you need more memory than 32 GB of memory, but if you want to see if your PC can support 2 x 32 GB of memory, you can do this...

1. In the search box, search for cmd and click Run as administrator. This will open the command prompt.

2. Once command prompt is opened, type wmic memphysical get maxcapacityEx and hit enter.

There, it will show the maximum RAM capacity your PC's motherboard can support.

The capacity is shown as Kilobytes, so you have to convert it to Gigabytes by dividing the number provided in the report by 1,048,576.

HP Recommended

if my memory is 2666 megs can I use 3200 megs in its place?

HP Recommended

Hi:

Yes, you can but it will run at 2666 MHz because that is the fastest speed your PC's processor can run the memory at.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.