Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN 25L GT12-0060
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

What is the maximum capacity HDD that can be installed as a data drive in a HP Gaming Desktop OMEN 25L GT12-0060? I'm hoping to install a 4T to 8T as the second data drive (drive #3).

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

there no real world limit.

if it fits , it works, SATA spec, w10 -64bit.

the upper limit is well beyond human understanding, unless counting atoms.

do not be fooled old books and documents that fail to say the limit is (as tested at the time) if all they had then is 2tB.

the limit is what is sold. then, as tested then , what you want to know is what really works. in the real world now.

period.  

some old PCs had  2TB limit that is real, but not here. or MBR limits.

I have  Z270p mobo here with two,  8TB drives, others run 12. or more . or with raid even larger.

formatted as GPT disk the limit is(math) 2^64*512=94EB

EB means exabytes.  grock that?  9.4EB. (some say 18EB)

Microsoft in 2011 tested 16TB drives, 9 long years ago, on NTFS. GPT.

2020 quote 20TB drive is coming

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

the limit if there is one,  gen 10 CPU.

is hardware chip set. z490:?  IDK what is there, specs hard to find  at that level. this new.

and w10-64

and GPT base and formatted as what, NTFS, never MBR nor FAT32,    or ExFAT? (idk too lazy to look it up me)

EB limited only.  say year 3000? quantum bio bacteria drives?

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.