Omri2
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Memory failure?

HP Recommended
HP ENVY Phoenix 810 PC Series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My machine got very unstable in the last few days. I get BSOD and random restarts for no apparent reason. Now my computer does manage to boot to win10, but can't run anything in windows. It even crushed on windows recovery.

Run a memory test and got failure id 60FB7T-769A5U-X87R6J-400S03.

I noticed i have 2 memory sticks (8 gb each) in 2 of the board's 4 slots, so i tried to change to the other 2 slots. Another memory test gave this failure id 60FB7T-769A61-X87R6J-406D03.

Also, when i try to boot, sometimes i get a message that the boot device was not found. 

Testing the HD gives failed "short DST check" and failure id 60FB7T-769A61-X87R6J-616R03.

Could these be related? 

Should i buy new memory sticks and try them before getting a whole new computer? 

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
132,112 122,289 20,100 30,822
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

You have a minor disaster on your hands there.

The first code translates to:          Memory Module Failure (no DIMM id)

The second code translates to:    Memory Module Failure (no DIMM id)

The third one translates to:           Hard Disk 2 Quick Test Failure

Your PC must have two drives.

Is drive 2 a M.2 solid state drive that is the boot drive that contains the operating system?

Is so, that drive needs to be replaced and the operating system reinstalled.

The memory...since you have two memory chips, probably only one is no good.

Remove one and run the PC off the other. 

If you get the failure code, remove that chip and replace it with the first one you removed.

If the error code goes away with either of those memory chips removed, replace the defective memory module.

Below is the link to the service guide for your PC.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c03280829

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation