Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-2176z
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
  • Dual channel memory architecture (One DIMM per channel)
  • Two DDR4 UDIMM (288-pin) sockets
  • Supports up to PC4-25600 (DDR4-3200)
  • Supports 4 GB and 8 GB DDR4 UDIMMs
  • Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit systems
    NOTE: 
    32-bit systems cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.
  • Supports up to 32 GB (unbuffered) with two 16 GB DIMMs on 64-bit systems
    NOTE: 
    Maximum memory shown reflects the capability of the hardware and can be limited further in the operating system.

Is this memory compatible
      Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2X16GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4-25600) C16 1.35V Desktop Memory - Black
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

It looks like your PC supports 16 GB memory modules. I see conflicting statements per the specs you have posted. One section states the MB supports 4 GB and 8 GB memory modules, the second section states the MB supports two 16 GB modules. 

I would check the HP memory timings using CPU-Z. This is available at this download (Link). Compare to the Corsair memory timings.

The Corsair memory may not run @ 3200. This depends on how HP has configured the baked in memory profiles because HP does not provide XMP support in the BIOS. 3200 is an XMP setting. Some HP PCs only support specific memory modules @ 3200.

Regards

HP Recommended

yea its kinds a basic script they put there so they cover every puter it is 64 bit so should take 2 16 thinking ill need to use ryzen master to change speeds to be compatible to its fullest potential sense i haven't got it just ordered it ill do a little digging when it arrives im sure hp has memory turned down a bit have to see to be sure just the memory upgrade should be simple and they tend to make things difficult for some reason be able to tell more once it arrives look at settings and ram and ram speed just was hoping some on did this already and would say this is what you need and what you need to do 

But ty that will be one of the first downloads i do    

HP Recommended

Any idea where we can find a list of the memory modules that are supported at 3200Mhz?  I'm facing a similar issue. Intel based Pavilion TG-01  2xxx. Purchased new RAM and it's only running @ 2133Mhz. My machine came with 8GB DDR4 clocked @ 3200Mhz. Trying to figure out how to upgrade to 32GB @ 3200Mhz, but I just can't figure it out. I saw another post of yours that mentioned resetting the CMOS after installing the new RAM. Is this something that may make it run at the correct speed? Obviously, the RAM upgrade that I purchased was clocked at  3200Mhz.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.