Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello I Want To Upgrade My PSU To 500W And I Don't Know If My Motherboard Can Be Powered From This PSU

My Motherboard Is: Hewlett-Packard 0A58h

And The PSU I Want To Buy Is This: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CiT-500W-Micro-ATX-PC-Gaming-PSU-12cm-120mm-Fan-Power-Supply-M-500U-/33168...

Thanks You And Sorry For My Bad English!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

HI @TedGR,

Thanks for posting your question in the  HP Community:) A very good day to you. 🙂 Hope you are doing well. 🙂  I reviewed the post about the power supply being supported by the motherboard. It will be a delight to assist you here. 🙂 

First off, the motherboard should ideally support the power supply on paper. However, I would require the complete model# or product# of the computer to assist you better.

You need to look for these factors.

• The form factor of the motherboard and the associated power supply.
  • The connector prongs of the power supply.
  • The sockets of the motherboard should match the power supply power connectors.
  • The tower dimensions should be taken into consideration to house both the power supply and the motherboard.
  • Finally, please consult a local Best Buy or staples technician before upgrading to a 500W power supply.

Spectacular diagnosis of the issue. Stupendous observations before posting. Kudos to you on that score. 🙂 You are a privileged HP customer and we value your relationship with HP greatly.  It is a great privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.  🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

Happy holidays to you and your family. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

HI @TedGR,

Thanks for posting your question in the  HP Community:) A very good day to you. 🙂 Hope you are doing well. 🙂  I reviewed the post about the power supply being supported by the motherboard. It will be a delight to assist you here. 🙂 

First off, the motherboard should ideally support the power supply on paper. However, I would require the complete model# or product# of the computer to assist you better.

You need to look for these factors.

• The form factor of the motherboard and the associated power supply.
  • The connector prongs of the power supply.
  • The sockets of the motherboard should match the power supply power connectors.
  • The tower dimensions should be taken into consideration to house both the power supply and the motherboard.
  • Finally, please consult a local Best Buy or staples technician before upgrading to a 500W power supply.

Spectacular diagnosis of the issue. Stupendous observations before posting. Kudos to you on that score. 🙂 You are a privileged HP customer and we value your relationship with HP greatly.  It is a great privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.  🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

Happy holidays to you and your family. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks You Very Match. I appreciate Your Help!

HP Recommended

Hi @TedGR,

I thank you greatly for accepting this as a solution. I genuinely hope the unit works great and stays healthy for a long time to come. It has been an absolute privilege to have shared this platform with you going by the extensive research and investigations conducted by you, I am sure Sherlock Holmes couldn't have done any better. 🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

Do take care, stay healthy, keep smiling big and do have a blessed year ahead.:)

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.