Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi.

After I wrecked an HP dc8200 Elite CMT by manipulating the UEFI/BIOS, I installed the original system on the SSD in an identical computer. The fact is that I actually replaced everything about the SSD. This machine starts up okay so far, but has the problem that I haven't dared to go into the UEFI yet.

Entering msinfo32 confirms UEFI on the hard drive. The disk management shows the SSD partition style GUID partition table GPT. This SSD has 3 partitions, a first unallocated partition called Reserved (EFI system partition) and the size of 100MB, a second partition C: with 750GB and another partition E: with 1112 GB in size.

During the start process with 'ESC' I have access to the startup menu, and further down to 'Run UEFI Application...'. When I then select that option, a window pops up saying "File Browser, FAT32 File System [99MB]" with an option to Select or Cancel. As I understand it, it's the aforementioned Unallocated partition (EFI system partition).

If I try to get into the UEFI from Windows 10 (Settings > Update + Security > Recovery > Advanced start > restart now) I also get to a point similar to access via the start-up process, where I don't know if that appropriate further action will be successful. For the time being I have not carried out the further steps (children with burns shy away from the fire).

What will happen if I select the file browser FAT32 via Start > ESC?

Or if I run Advanced Start via Windows > Settings?

Is there another way to migrate the system?

I still have a 3TB MyBook where I could outsource the data if necessary.

Configuration:

Operating system: Windows 10 Pro (64-bit)

Memory: 16GB

SSD: 2 GB, partition style GUID Partition Table (GPT), divided into

a) res. (EFI system partition) 100MB,

b) C: 750GB NTFS,

c) E: 112GB

USB: USB3

Graphics: HP GeForce GT 630 2GB RAM

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.