Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy All-In-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello-

Recently I logged back into my Envy and couldn't find my D drive (DATA, 2 TB SATA).  This computer operates off a 250 G PCIe NvMe solid state, so I just used the other drive for file storage.  I saw several folders that were on it showing up in my recent files, but it could not find the drive when trying to navigate that way.  I rebooted and got an error screen prompting me to run diagnostics. I ran system diagnostics several times, both quick and extensive, covering the symptom, system, and hard drive component.  Every it it ran, it only seemed to find the solid state drive.  That also was the only one that showed up when I went into Disk Management,  Any tips for how to find the drive, or do I need to reseat the hard drive?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@JTCHI,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that the SATA drive is not showing in Windows.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

What is the exact model or product number for your computer?

Is the hard drive showing in BIOS?

If you are comfortable reseating the hard drive then I recommend you reseat the hard drive and check whether it is showing in the Windows.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Its an All In one 27 b145se. It came back, and now is gone again. The only hard drive that shows up is the solid state 250g with the system files (windows and programs).

HP Recommended

@JTCHI,

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.