Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
S01-pf1013w
Other
Make the most of your living space with the reliable compact HP Slim Desktop S01-pF1013w. Designed to take up less space where you need it, the HP Slim Desktop delivers technology and reliability you can depend on, with a slim design that fits anywhere. Everything you do feels fast with the performance of a reliable processor. Save more of what you love with abundant storage for all your photos, videos and documents. With its slim bezel design, this PC fits perfectly wherever you work or play. Do great things confidently with the familiar feel of Windows 10 Home. Enjoy all of your DVDs on your PC with a high performance DVD player optimized for Windows 10 and 5.1 surround sound. Smoothly stream 4K content and play your favorite games. With a bold geometric pattern and all the ports you need located on the front, it's the perfect blend of form and function.
  • Operating system: Windows 10 Home
  • Processor: Intel® Celeron® G5900 processor
  • Memory: 4 GB DDR4-2666 SDRAM memory (1 x 4 GB)
  • Internal Storage: 1 TB 7200RPM SATA hard drive
  • Graphics: Intel® UHD Graphics
  • Mouse and keyboard: USB black wired keyboard and mouse combo
  • Optical drive: DVD-Writer
  • USB ports: 8 (4 SuperSpeed USB Type-A 5Gbps signaling rate, 4 USB 2.0 Type-A)
  • Wireless: Realtek Wi-Fi 5 (1x1) and Bluetooth® 4.2 Combo, MU-MIMO supported
  • Warranty: 1-year limited hardware warranty

This info came from:

WALMART.com - "ABOUT THIS ITEM"

I was reading about the processor;  the celeron g5900 and then while reading about the celeron G5900 ....

I stubbled on the celeron G5900 "T". 

**** Notice my celeron number G5900 is same but without the T at the end of...  ****

so evidently the G5900 does not support L2 or L3 cache and the

G5900T - does support L2 and L3 cache... is that even true first off?

the question I have is "DO I WANT TO" put a "g5900T" in  this desktop  HP Slim Desktop S01-pF1013w;

Would there be a large difference between the 2MB cache on { G5900* }

in relation to say the { G5900"T"  } with the L2 cache

and if there is a major difference can the HP Slim Desktop S01-pF1013w be updated to a G5900T 

or  "CAN I" -  do I need a entire new mother board and many more things...

I do understand HDD and SSD;  but motherboard and other things that are totally a new rebuild of this desktop that would make it not worth going through the upgrade to a G5900T ...

{if the  HP Slim Desktop S01-pF1013w  can be be upgraded to a celeron G5900T*  } - and would I want to?

so there is multiple levels to this question / questions... so general " knowledge of this cpu "THE G5900 - AS IS" and its ability to stream 4k video"

with the HP Slim Desktop S01-pF1013w CPU and specifically the G5900 celeron

and the possible upgrade to a celeron G5900T* "WOULD I EVEN WANT TO DO THAT IF I COULD"

or is a external GPU better/or not? 

remember trying do basic action cam 4k - 30-60 seconds of small edit of few clips and images to make a nice short memory in 4k...

any  knowledge of the purpose  of - editing small action videos to post on social media.. 30-60 seconds of video... from 4k action cam with this stock system...with the HP Slim Desktop S01-pF1013w CPU and specifically the G5900 celeron??? 

can the G5900 2mb cache with say a added 32gb SSD be enough total RAM power to get that little video edited in 4k 

or do I need something with L2 cache...

(or is the L2 the same as the 2mb cache described with the HP Slim Desktop S01-pF1013w CPU)...???

Im not totally knowledgable about this L2 or L3 verse the plain 2mb cache 

so if you expand on that detail.... because some articles say the 5900 2mb is the same meaning as L2 cache but others I see don't state that...

***so Is the 2mb cache a L2.. or not as robust and actually slightly different....is the G5900 and G5900T way different? CPU's

any info or anyone who has done any small action cam videos with the  HP Slim Desktop S01-pF1013w

without upgrading it and had success would be is helpful to hear about how you did it.. 

like what action came and software did you use with the  HP Slim Desktop S01-pF1013w and did it work?

also if anyone has used a external GPU in plugged into the  HP Slim Desktop S01-pF1013w

How did the GPU and the  HP Slim Desktop S01-pF1013w work together?

my goal edit 4k video - "60 second videos" and upload it to social media...

thanks for any help...

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

hi

Processor upgrade information

• TDP: up to 65 W
  • Socket type: LGA 1200
Motherboard supports the following processor upgrades:
Processor
TDP
Intel Core i5-10400 (Comet Lake-S) 2.9 GHz base frequency, up to 4.3 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 12 MB L3 cache, 6 cores
65 W
Intel Core i5-10400F (Comet Lake-S) 2.9 GHz base frequency, up to 4.3 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 12 MB L3 cache, 6 cores
65 W
Intel Core i7-10700 (Comet Lake-S) 2.9 GHz base frequency, up to 4.8 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 16 MB L3 cache, 8 cores
65 W
Intel Core i7-10700F (Comet Lake-S) 2.9 GHz base frequency, up to 4.8 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 16 MB L3 cache, 8 cores
65 W
Intel Core i3-10100 (Comet Lake-S) 3.6 GHz base frequency, up to 4.3 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, 6 MB L3 cache, 4 cores
65 W
Intel Celeron G5900 (Comet Lake-S) 3.4 GHz base frequency, 2 MB L3 cache, 2 cores
58 W
Intel Pentium G6400 (Comet Lake-S) 4.0 GHz base frequency, 4 MB L2 cache, 2 cores
58 W

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-slim-desktop-pc-s01-pf1000i/32482421/model/35801265/document...

My personal opinion
Find another model if you can

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.