Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Dell xps 13 9370
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have this monitor by Hp x22LED which I would like to connect to my laptop. However, it doesn't get recognized by the system, and no driver for Win10 seem available on the official Hp internet page of the product. Does this simply mean that the monitor cannot be used with Win10 or is there another way to make it work?

Thanks a lot and kind regards,

Ludovico

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

you posted laptop question to desktops? 

most laptops made on earth

all have hot key for making the exernal GPU port go live and working

like this  ( read your users guide see this , on most)

FN+F4

auto, internal , external,  both.

see?

it must be turned on to at least external or both.  and like most things in life, AUTO can fail.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply. I posted where the Hp support page directed me, and it was here. By the way, my issue does not concern my laptop (which is not a Hp one) but the external monitor.

Apart from that, I thank you for your suggestions, but unfortunately the issue is not so simple. I know wich hot key you referred to (its F8 here) but it just doesnt work. When I plug in the monitor the laptop says that the device could not be recognized; that's why I thought of a driver problem.

Let me just add - Im not sure if this is actually relevant - that I connected my monitor through a VGA cable which is then converted by an adaptor in a USB-C cable (my laptop only has such ports).

Thank you again,

Ludovico

HP Recommended

so is a laptop posted to desktops, wow.

USB-c is relevant,  as is the alien PC hot keys and alien PC , ports used, I do not know spec on your PC, at all.

Dell xps 13 9370 this is a LAPTOP not desk. (i avoid laptops post so.... but I will try)

and has its own hot keys, btw I have real XPS8900 here a real disktop with crazy fast gpu card there.

but this a laptops DELL, and is 2 errors there the USB-C not being multiport certified

and using some wild USB-C to VGA monitor. x22LED

like half the cables made do not work and non maker or model cable told nor source URL.???
clearly this IS NOT ANY Kind of HP display issue, (no full dislpay model told) and is simple VGA and that monitor runs on any VGA PC ever made with VGA>

the problem is 2 fold the DELL PC (see this Dell answer there) and your funky cable, none told.

the problem is the cable. not HP nor dells. I guess. no cable told.

adapters do love to fail.  I can show lots that do. and why (pure electronics reasons)

my first post assume  the DELL UNIQUE hot key was not used, and is FIRST>  dead ports are dead ports. 1st order fail.'

next is that funky cable. like this thing?

The cable and the PC both must be multiport certified the DELL is (with limits on versions) per my link above.

or VGA port out will be dead.

takes super good quality adapter to make that work, 

HP Recommended

one other problme with weak laptops

is power

do not have lots of huge power being used on ALL USB ports'

many PCs of this kind, have shared USB Vbus power regulators;.

so do not be say charging banks of Cell  phones off USB other ports

this can and will cause lake of vbus +5vdc power from being go in that external USBC to VGA adaptor chip inside there.

the chip there must have power, !!! full and never below 4.6vdc, (below is overloaded USB power regs.

now I have overcovered , most failure of this type.

but sure w10 need a driver for that adaptor too and that means working internet , is it? and is driver there, in DM.

HP Recommended

Thank you a lot for your very deep answers - and sorry for the misplacement of the post.

I understand it's not a Win10 problem, nor probably of the Hp monitor. However, you've been so gentle, maybe you could help me a little more 😉

The VGA cable is the one provided with the monitor, and it worked (and still works!) on a previous laptop with had a VGA port. The adaptor was bought on amazon, whose page says it should be compatible with Dell Xps13; here is the link: https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B07YD4FTXF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1 .

Should I assume it's not a superquality one and buy another one?

I also tried to find some specific driver for a Usb-c to Vga adapter, but I couldn't find any. But I found a guy who seemed to have the same issue, and he solved it by changing the cable into a Usb-c to DVI (here is the link: https://www.dell.com/community/XPS/XPS-13-9370-DP-to-VGA-connection-not-working/td-p/6195569). As my monitor also features such port I guess I will give it a try..as last resort!

Should you need to know any other specs, I'll provide them as soon as I can.

Thanks a lot again,

Ludovico

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.