Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Are you having HotKey issue? Click here for tips and tricks.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One PC 27 dp1200ng
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello,

I attempted to find the specific motherboard specifications to determine if it includes an additional PCIE port or Oculink port. I have a GTX 1050 that a friend gave me after upgrading. I'm considering enhancing my PC by installing this graphics card. Unfortunately, when I try to search through the virtual assistant or click on the motherboard specifications link, I encounter a 404 error. 

Can someone please help me out?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I see what you mean.  I did find a picture of that motherboard (Row) on EBay.  From that picture,  it does not have PCIxE expansion slot.

It has integrated graphics, which means it is part of the CPU.

There is no mention of an Oculink port, either.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Hello! I appreciate your response. After dismantling my PC, as expected, I didn't locate any PCIxE or Oculink ports. However, I did discover a slot for a dedicated GPU. Further research revealed it's known as a J41 MXM Connector, although it appears atypical for an MXM—it's quite flat. Additionally, I learned that the 800 G4 Mini also possesses one, which allows for a graphics upgrade with a custom AMD RX560. Yet, I doubt any available version would be compatible with my PC and slot, as it seems slightly different.

HP Recommended

I have come across a MXM slot before.  It is difficult to find useful cross-reference information for devices unless the manufacturer has intended that, which they rarely do.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Hello,

It sounds frustrating to encounter a 404 error when searching for your motherboard's specifications. I’d recommend checking the HP Support page for your PC model, as it might provide updated information regarding available ports. Another option is to use third-party system info tools like CPU-Z or Speccy, which can display detailed hardware information, including PCIe ports and other expansion slots.

As for upgrading your system with the GTX 1050, you'll want to ensure that you have a compatible PCIe slot for the card. Additionally, consider checking your kbg40znv256g solid state drive to see if there's any potential impact on airflow or space when installing the graphics card. This will help ensure both components work together efficiently.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.