4 2 1 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Motherboard replacement

HP Recommended
HP Envy Phoenix 860-010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The PC took a power surge one night during a T.Storm. I did troubleshooted, found at least 2 short circuits by the ATX 24 power plug. I did check the MX25L6473E Bios Chip (was corrupted and shorted as well).

I replaced the exactly same motherboard Thimphu 2B4B. Then I did update the bios System ID's etc. Then bios displayed the HP logo and no errors, I did ran the original recovery discs. That match the Build ID and the Feature-byte numbers entered during the Bios set-up but the recovery manager threw an error. After several attempts. Installed Win-10 from MS. USB Tool. My computer worked as a charm, even-though I was able to activate windows logging into my MS account. I will love to keep this faithful PC on original conditions. But I cannot figure out the issue with the HP recovery discs. (Discs are undamaged and clean)

I would like to thanks in advance for any suggestion. Did I miss something or there is well keep key encoded beyond my knowledgeSystem Information.jpg!

2 REPLIES 2
AG5AA
Author
Level 1
4 2 1 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This is a follow up on my PC.

I tried to clear CMOS to default to reinstall the"ORIGINAL HP RECOVERY DISCS". Now things went south, as a manner of speaking.

There is a new behavior. The bios is displaying: 512-Rear Chassis fan not detected. although, the fan is is properly functioning, also I did tested the PC operating temperatures, which ones are just fine.

I ran the BCU utility to figure out, the issue (512). I noticed that the setting of the System Fan Check, setting has changes; since the CMOS reset. From *Disable to *Enable.

Now the bottom line with this mess. HP Services told me that my PC have no more support or it was discontinued in early March.

It seems like the only way around is to gain access to the Bios advance setting to change the System Fan Check back to "*Disable" on the advance settings.

So far what I have learned up to here. Since I did replaced the Motherboard and closed the "Manufacturer Programming Mode" I am not able to make any correction on the BIOS. I am still learning the BCU Utility.

And I think if I can gain access to these settings. Also I'll be able to ran my HP Recovery discs. Changing the "MS Digital Marker" and change all the FFFFF... To my Windows 10 Product license.

I need help to gain access back to the Bios.....

Spoiler

0 Kudos
AG5AA
Author
Level 1
4 2 1 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I guess, that I did overlook something in my previous post. This is in reference to the: Error 512 Rear Chassis Fan not detected.

Many others and my self believed, because the fan was spinning properly, etc. there was not such fault. I was doing a research about the THIMPHU 2B4B MOBO. And did Noticed that for somehow, the Bios Fault happened by no mistake, but because My PC fan was connected in other fan connector as it come from factory. So I shutdown my PC, powered off, disconnected the rear chassis fan from VRM-FAN and moved to SYSTEM-FAN terminal connector. Rebooted normal stat up after HP logo. Fault gone.

Perhaps, some one might think this happened when I did swapped the MOBO, However, that was the original position that was connected from factory. I hope this can help to solve the  512 Rear Chassis Fan not detected. problem.

Thank you all, but I still need to know how to gain access to the advanced settings for the Bios512-Rear Chassis Fan.jpgSystem Fan.jpg

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation