Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ENVY h8-1509eb
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Dear HP Support,

I'm encoutering mouse problems already a long time. First I had a Razer DeathAdder Chroma mouse. It was disconnecting while I was making faster movements and sometimes just because I moved my cursor(it really is annoying while playing games). I thought my cable is broken because the material was scratched (not rubber more cotton like) and I felt like the cable  was loose so I ended up in the conclusion that my mouse is broken and that I need to buy another. I bought Genesis Krypton 500. I remember at the beginning it worked pretty good but after sometime it started again the freezing or whatever you can call it. Now I tried a lot of things to fix it. From uninstalling drivers to updating them and changing different settings. I did check if the mouse was working on the other computers and it did work perfectly. I also made a ticket to the Genesis support about my problem and they said that it can be a problem from your mouse to computer. They also said that I should start with uninstalling the nouse drivers then turn off the pc and then take out every usb port that was used and turn the pc on. It didn't work and I said that to them. I also said that my mouse works perfectly on other computers and the problem is the computer I own. They said that I should ask you for a further help. Also when the disconnects happen in the Genesis configuration program it says "Gaming mouse disconnected"  and also a notification from Windows that the last plugged "USB port is not working properly..."

There is also one thing that sometimes happened and it was my mouse and keyboard disconnected and they wouldn't work after reconnecting them physically only after a reboot. My keyboard is a Razer Blackwidow Chroma. It was flashing lights rapidly. So is there any fix? I'm sure this is really hard to fix or maybe not possible but, I try everything I can because I don't want to spend money that much. At least not buying a whole new pc. I heard that there can occur an error and you can check in the logs or something like that maybe that will be a hint to fix it.

Kind regards

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Afternoon,

Typically the computer comes preinstalled with Microsoft or Windows bases drivers for your mouse. In the event that you graduate up to an alternate mouse one would have to install the third party software associated with the new mouse. Often 2hen one completes this type of third party installation,  the third party driver would be the where one would need to focus  their attention. C9ntqcting the third party mouse support team would then be the next alternitive. Granted in some cases, if the driver was actually installed at the time the computer was constructed, some times the driver is out dated or up to date and one may have updated to the latest version of the driver that has not been thoroughly tested by either the third party or HP tech.

In my opinion, if the mouse driver does not fubctuion correctly, locate the control panel device manager and downgrade or revert the driver just to see if the mouse works better or worse. The point is, these devices are constantly being updated and are not throughtly tested before being released to the public.

Last bit of info, we've learn that because your mouse connects to your computer via USB, there could be wave fre1uqncey effecting the USB port. Same holds true for wireless devices 2hich have been connected to your computer. These devices and wireless mice can be interrupted by outside interferences which can cause the mouse to stop functioning correctly, hesitates  etc.

The lesson  here is don't always true in Wi-Fi or wir3less devices as these too can become suspetable to outside forces.

HP Recommended

So I went to the device manager and the option to use previous microsoft mouse driver is grey. I can't click it. I think it's grey because I removed the driver I think but I'm not sure. Maybe formatting my computer in order to get the old drivers would work but, then I would have to store my data and that would be problematic. I don't have the courage to install and download every single program that I own but, if there's literally no other solution I have rather that than buying a new pc or playing games with this problem.

HP Recommended

I never suggested anything relating to reinstalling or formatting the entire computer. That's taken things a bit far there then one has to. Have you contacted the mouse manufture for more details about thier driver software. Another thing one need to address is if you actually have the correct driver for your mouse. Often the device ,anufature group drivers into a zip file and if there is a slight variation in the devices based on at me mouse, the system could be locating the incorrect driver for it. Make sure series or serial  numbers for drivers and devices match up. In some cases it might ev3n work if you try a different driver within the driver list just to see if these has any effect. But taking your system to the format stage is a bit of an extreme. 

HP Recommended

I don't know how to check the series and the serial numbers of the drivers I don't really know what it means either but, I heard that it can be a problem with the USB port 3.0 or something like that. USB 3.0 is making trouble with my mouse' USB 2.0. The only way I found on the internet that helped was to change something the BIOS but I can't find that option there. The option was to change the USB port from 3.0 to 2.0 and it solved the problem for somebody.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.