Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
20-c010
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

The pc no longer recognizes any keyboard so I'm using the onscreen. It keeps saying it doesn't have the drivers to recognize the factory keyboard, the new keyboard, and factory mouse and will probably stop recognizing this mouse soon. If anyone can help it would be great since this is putting a hold on the online portion of my sons homeschooling. I only want to hear from users since this has been an issue that HP has turned a blind eye to for some time now. And the last time they tried to help with remote access it took over 3hours and then things worked even worse. By that I mean I had to play musical USB ports with the 4 on the back of this thing just for it to recognize its own accessories. To say I'm furious is putting it lightly

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Kindly provide the ProductID or product number of your desktop PC.  I can't find anything on a 20-c010 when I search with Google.

Is it a wireless keyboard and mouse combo?

If it is, have you replaced the batteries in the keyboard and mouse with new ones?

" By that I mean I had to play musical USB ports with the 4 on the back of this thing just for it to recognize its own accessories"

What does that mean?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

My product ID is 00325-80000-00000-AAOEM and what I meant by musical USB ports is I would have to keep plugging and unplugging from the different ports until one works. Right now all that works is a cheap ONN mouse and my onscreen keyboard. There is nothing wrong with the wired slimline keyboard and mouse that came with my All-in-One it just won't recognize them anymore or the cheap ONN keyboard I bought a few days ago. This problem is beyond ridiculous since if this mouse stops working my pc turns into an expensive that will do zero good for homeschooling my son. So could your team please figure out what bug is in your software and fix this once and for all.

HP Recommended

My pc is also past warranty but this has been an unresolved issue before that ran out. I was just using the standard ports after the USB 3.0 ports stopped recognizing the factory mouse and keyboard. I have paid over 1,200 in total for this pc and just made the last payment so you can imagine my aggravation that I now own a new pc that doesn't do what a pc should. Older pc's had plug n play that worked great and always recognized any new USB device so why in that regard is your system worse than pc's from 10 years ago? And to jump ahead of things I refuse to pay anything to HP support since this is HP's fault not mine. When you sell a product it needs to work as advertised otherwise that's false advertising. 

HP Recommended

That is not an HP product ID.

An HP Product ID or Product number can easily be found by invoking the HP Support Assistant or by starting your PC and pressing the Esc key and then selecting F1, which provides system information.  The screen at the Esc key also provides access to the Diagnostic utility if you press the F2 key.

In the System information screen, the product number will be just below the System family.

Have you tested the USB ports with the HP PC Diagnostic utility? What was the result?

If you have not done that or it is not installed you can download it from the link below this line.

https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/pc-diags.html

Other ways to find the product information

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c03754824

J'accuse is not helpful, especially when misdirected.

HP did not write the operating system, Microsoft did. 

All HP Experts are volunteers,  not employees of HP. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I found it in support assistant since I don't have a keyboard that works other than the onscreen one only available at the lock screen. So here is all the info I could find   Device name-20-c010  Product-V8P48AA#ABA   Serial-8CC6420RNG   Hopefully  that is finally enough info to move forward. And I'm sorry HP isn't paying you guys that's pretty underhanded of them. I have already downloaded the diagnosis  utility a few months ago and it wasn't helpful either. All tests came back fine 

HP Recommended

Patiently waiting for a response now that you have all my info needed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.