Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

My computer shuts off Randomly

HP Recommended
HP Pavillion 500 PC Series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

SN: [Personal Information Removed]

PN: F3D65AA#ABA

I just was bout to copy and paste my information before the computer shut down again and so this is all the info i have about the computer.  

About two weeks ago, my computer shut down randomly and would only turn on for about 3-4 seconds.  I thought it was just dirty and shorting since i never cleaned it.  So i bought two cans of air, opened her up and cleaned her.  NO FIX.  So i bought a new PCU from Best Buy and, NO FIX.  So i isolated the start up failure to the CPU/Motherboard connection. I disconnected each part and connected only one part at a time until it wouldn't start up.  So i bought a new motherboard (same one, brand new, popped it in.  Worked great.  Its about a week later and it shuts off randomly again. 

I think its the CPU so today i searched the problem again and i thought may i needed to update my BIO's but the assistant and HP said i was up to date.  So i think it may be my CPU.  My computer is back on now so im going to run over to it and copy its info before it shuts off..   

Any help would be great...

2 REPLIES 2
Basaram
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

My info.JPG

0 Kudos
Basaram
Author
3 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

OS Name - Microsoft windows 10 Home

Version - 10.0.19041 Build 19041

Other OS Description - N/A

Model p7-1446s

System Type - x64-Based PC

System SKU - H3Z36AA#ABA

Processor - AMD A8-6500 APU with Radeon(Tm) HD Graphics, 3500Mhz, 2 Core(

BIOS Version Date - AMI 8.15, 1/23/2013

SMBIOS Version - 2.7

My info.JPG

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation