Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen Obelisk desktop
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently I've noticed my computer has been struggling to run games that should be easy for me to run, such as call of duty multiplayer. I have a pretty good rig here though i struggle with these. I've found that my RAM is not being used at capacity. It's only using about 6 gigs of my 16 gigs available. I have no idea what this is. I've done some searching and the only full solution i've seen is to fully reinstall windows but that just seems unreasonable. i am wondering if anyone has an easier fix for this. I already tried disabling startup things in task manager to no avail, what should my plan of action be?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello
what is the exact model of the computer?
I could check, but if you have the answer, what is the recommended (not minimum) configuration for the game?
you said that the memory is not fully used, only 6 GB so there are about 10 usable left, is that right?
It is normal, precisely, the memory is used if necessary, it is therefore better to have a free margin, which will be used if necessary ...
Your game is an online game, is your internet connection sufficient, it may cause problems to play ..
did you try other games ,?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.