cancel
Intern
Intern
17 13 3 2
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Need help finding PSU (Power Supply Unit)

HP z400 Workstation 6-DIMM
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I'm looking for a better PSU for my z400 workstation. According to the spare part website for this machine, there are two that work. I want the 600w PSU. The problem is I cannot find it anywhere! except some fishy out of the country places that are overpricing the unit. I know the manufacturer no longer makes this. I tried looking on the HP spare part website. It exists but I can not buy it from there. If someone could link me to a website to it that would be amazing. Thanks!     

Link to spare parts: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01716997

Name of PSU: Power supply 600 W - Rated at 80+ efficiency - With Built-In Self-Test (BIST) mode

Part Number: 626409-001 

ThatOneName
4 REPLIES 4
Intern
Intern
17 13 3 2
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

No need to reply. Problem solved on another forum. 

ThatOneName
0 Kudos
bleudawg Top Student
Top Student
5 3 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

I just checked on Ebay. You can possibly use a Z420 power supply. there is a 600 watt option power supply available . I found one that is " Seller Refurbished " for $ 32.49 DELIVERED. And I also found a " NEW OTHER" unit that ships from China for $105.00 + $ 22.00 shipping. I have both a Z400 and a Z420 but I am NOT certain that the deminsions for the power unit are identical. I do think they are interchangeable. I believe the Z420 power unit has more SATA power plugs and less MOLEX power plugs, but adaptors are readily available to change MOLEX to SATA and vice versa.

0 Kudos
Intern
Intern
17 13 3 2
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Hi I don’t mean to be rude. But I think you just wasted your time trying to find a PSU and typing this down. As I said before: this problem have been solved on another forum no need for further reply. 

Here is the forum post the I made that in such solved my problem. 

http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-3865109/finding-psu-power-supply-unit-z400.html#21693268

ThatOneName
0 Kudos
bleudawg Top Student
Top Student
5 3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

WELL, then why be rude at all ?  I do not think that you should have wasted your time typing all this down.  Perhaps I did not read the entire list of postings, they are in reverse order, just so you will know. And bye the way,  you are welcome anyway.  Next time you post a message, make sure you use correct grammer,  incorrect grammer makes you sound like an idiot or a foreigner.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation