Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi! I am trying to install a nvidea 3070 gigabyte OC gaming 8G in a omen 25L and a new power supply.  i alredy removed the old graphics card and the old power supply. When i was installing the new graphic i ran into a problem, it didnt fit. There was a plastic graphic card support in tue way (the first image), i tried everything to remove it and the 2 six-hung screws wouldnt come off i tried loads of diferent types of screwdrivers (im not a native english speaker, this might not be the correct word). Should i try to remove it without unscrewing the screws with force carefully? Or try to buy a new case? My friend told me that if i bought a new case it probably wouldnt be compatible with it because hp has its own type of cable the motherboard.

16694871965492400730375487190127.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

hi

is it this ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d581-j3Rr-s

08:23 - Graphics Card and Bracket (D20X)

Card and Bracket (D20X).gif

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In this video, we will see how to repair and replace various parts when servicing or upgrading your OMEN 25L/30L Desktop computer. Follow the steps in this video to properly remove the specific parts and then safely install the replacement parts for sustained or improved performance. You can ...
HP Recommended

No, mine has only one screw at the front and 2 six hung screws at the back. Thanks for replying!

16694926869482536154248830297364.jpg

1669492701429634812167358317452.jpg

HP Recommended

you did not specify the model of the computer
but it's the same thing, remove the screws, I don't understand?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

The ones at the back look like torx screws which is why a phillips wont work.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.