cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents and videos on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
DanMan45xd
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Need to know what kind of SSD I need to purchase, want to upgrade to a bigger one.

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop TG01-1070m
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi I have the HP Pavillion Gaming Desktop TG01-1070m. It came with a 256gb SSD, I am looking to upgrade to a larger size, maybe a 1TB. I cant seem to find the type of SSD that I need to purchase; M.2, M.2  2280, etc. So what kind of SSD do I need?

1 REPLY 1
a_human_5656589
2 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

1. Press the Windows key + r to open the run box.

2. Type CMD and press enter

3. Type wmic bios get serialnumber and press enter

4. Go to this website and put in the serial number https://partsurfer.hp.com/search.aspx

This will show you all of the components that was inside your computer when it was shipped to you. Look for "SSD" to find the part number and description. Do a search using the part number to find out what kind of SSD you have.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation