Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 700-311na Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I am wondering if my PC Supports a new CPU Cooler, The CPU is Idling to high and there is no dust. I have reapplied the thermal paste but still no luck. I tried to buy a Cooler Master CPU Cooler what fit the socket type on my motherboard but due to HP Design of the mounting bracket what also used as the CPU Socket Bracket being one piece of metal, It doesn't work.

hp_support.jpg

hp_support_2.jpg

Specs:
I7-4790

Motherboard: MS-7826

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@MitchellPT Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you would like to purchase the cooler for your HP desktop.

(HP does not recommend upgrades as the device is equipped with parts that perform at its optimal performance and also, the upgradeable parts listed in HP articles are purely for your ease, though the decision to upgrade will be at your own discretion)

I would suggest you contact our phone support and check for the support option. They will help you.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Or you can contact the local service center for repair.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hello, I have upgraded my pc before as I have had that many issues with hp in the past. You can't buy parts what fit (according to google) due to hps design. Is there a free way of chatting with HP? 

HP Recommended

@MitchellPT

I understand your concerns.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone and chat support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

How do I contact HP for free? 

I cannot live chat as I am no longer under warranty and phoning cost money?

HP Recommended

@MitchellPT

Please click the below link and select virtual agent. They will help you.

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/contact-hp/product/hp-envy-700-300-desktop-pc-series/6886619/model/7233...

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

The virtual agent doesn't help much, how do I talk to a person... for free? All I need is a place to buy a new cooler what supports my setup.

HP Recommended

@MitchellPT

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggest you contact local service center and check. 

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Sorry for the late response but i find this ludicrous. You cant give me a awnser for free. You are a HP Support Agent but you want me to pay to get a simple answer.  The amount of problems i have had with HP exceeds any other company.

Sorry, but you have lost a customer here.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.