Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pro 3400 Microtower PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have installed a new graphic card GEFORCE GT 1030 into motherboard of HP Pro 3400 MT with Pentium G850@2,9 GHz (Intel H61 Express chipset) BIOS Rev. 7.16.

After start, the computer stuck on BIOS/UEFI screen, showing only the processor, memory, bios rev. infos…) and will not boot further. Every 30 seconds it beeps very shortly. Keyboard does not response.

I removed the card and played with BIOS setting like "VGA SERR GENERATION" and "VGA PALETE SNOOPING" enable/disable etc. but nothing helped.  The option "SECURE BOOT" is not available.

The graphics card is functional and is tested on another computer of HP Elite 7500. So is must be in motherboard of HP Pro 3400?

Is there any solution?

Thank you very much in advance for any help.

Zdenek

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi:

Unfortunately, that card or the GT 730 will not work because your PC needs a 8.xx BIOS version.

The card works in the Elite 7500 because it has an 8.xx BIOS version (v8.21) is the latest I see on the support page.

HP Recommended

Hello, thank you for answer.

In my other computer HP Elite 7500 with i7@3,4 GHz is installed BIOS rev 7.15 and the card EVGA GEFORCE GT 1030 works perfectly. But of course there is different chipset of Intel Z75 Express.

But back to my original question. Is there a solution for the HP Pro 3400 with Pentium G850@2,9 GHz (Intel H61 Express chipset) BIOS Rev. 7.16.  to get GEFORCE GT 1030 working?

Thank you very much.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

I answered your question earlier.

The answer is there is absolutely no way to get that card to work in the HP Pro 3400.

I will repeat why... because your PC needs a 8.xx BIOS version, and only has a 7.xx version.

If you can't return the card, save it for use in a newer PC someday.

HP Recommended

Thank you!

I am curious, why HP have not solved this problem earlier with some BIOS patch. I have found a possible solutions here:

https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/found-fix-for-hp-3400-gtx-gpu-problem.2303425/

and here

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fkBTSlBW2oc

Definitely this problem with NVIDIA GT cards dates back to 2015, when the system Pro 3400 MT was only 3 years old.

Thanks for any help.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Since I do not work for or represent HP, I would not be able to answer your question as to why HP hasn't released a version 8.xx BIOS update for the HP Pro 3400 model series.

I do find it rather odd the 1030 doesn't work in the 3400 because I have a HP 8200 Elite CMT with an Intel Series 6 chipset and an i7-2600 processor and I have the GT 1030 running just fine in my PC.

Mine doesn't even have the latest BIOS update installed.   Mine has BIOS v2.28 from May of 2015.

The 8200 Elite model series has a totally different BIOS family and version than your PC has.

The 8200 Elite model series was released to market in 2011.

I wish I could help you, but I only know why the card won't work in your PC, not how to fix it or how to get around it.

HP Recommended

Thank you for your comments. I very appreciate that!

I will try and test the steps described in the links I sent before.

I will let you know...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.