Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 23xi
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I'm not sure if I'm posting in the right category but here it goes. I've connected my DVI cable from my PC into my monitor and when I turn the PC on the monitor doesn't turn on (it usually does). When I turn the monitor on manually it checks if the DVI/HDMI/VGA are connected but says "no signal", then says "monitor going to sleep". But for some odd reason when I take out the DVI from my PC or monitor the monitor turns on and says "check video cable", and then when I put the DVI back in it says "monitor going to sleep". Can someone please respond ASAP as I am very confused. Much appreciated.
10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

This forum is the correct place.  When the PC is starting up, is it possible to enter the setup and BIOS screens and then displaying screens?  Press Esc as soon as the physical start button is pressed.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended
Hi thanks for responding. No none of this is happening.
HP Recommended

Is there any way that you can try this monitor on a different connection instead of the DVI?  Or try it on a different computer?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended
I'll try both. Thanks.
HP Recommended
Hi I've tried using a HDMI cable but it still does not work. I'm not able to try a VGA cable. I'm unsure about a different computer.
HP Recommended

When you tried the HDMI cable did you go thru the setup  or the BIOS entry attempt?

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended
Hi, I am having the EXACT same problem but I do not have a HDMI port, I don't know what to to, I've tried using a different dvi cable and still hasn't worked...
HP Recommended

If you are not using a HDMI port out, then what is being used and by what method or cable is being used?  What input on the monitor is being used?

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Having the same issue but brain, keyboard and mouse not working and beeping noise. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.