Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
24-G080A All in one.

I purchased this computer yesterday.

The number keys on the right of the keyboard aren't working.

There is no number lock button to press, to turn it on.

Can anyone help me solve this problem???

Thanking you in advance.

John.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Please see HP Numeric Keypad Troubleshooting .

:Wink: If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon.
        If my answer solved your problem please mark it as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Please see HP Numeric Keypad Troubleshooting .

:Wink: If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon.
        If my answer solved your problem please mark it as the Accepted Solution. Thanks!

HP Recommended

Thank you, you were spot on, the mouse key thingy had been checked.

HP Recommended

You're welcome! Glad I could help.  :generic:

HP Recommended

I cannot find the solution to the numeric keypad no longer working. I cannot locate a num lock key to enable. Please advise.

HP Recommended

@Rschrowangen

I'll be happy to assist you with the issue, to provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Could you please help me with the exact model name or the product number and the operating system of the computer?

Try using an alternate keyboard and check if the keyboard the working fine?

Keep me posted.

Thank you for joining the HP Community.

Have a great day!

Cheers 🙂

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

Have an HP model 4BS28UA laptop.  The dedicated key/number pad no longer works (e.g., 7 takes me "home", 8 takes me arrow up one, 9 takes me "page up", 3 takes me "page down").  I want to use the actual numbers.  I've obviously hit a key combination to deactivate the numbers how can I get my numbers back?  Thanks, P Winn

HP Recommended

Enable Numeric Keypad

Hopefully this will do the trick.

If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon.

HP Recommended

Enable Numeric Keypad

Hopefully this will do the trick.

If you found my answer helpful please say thanks by clicking on the Thumb's Up icon.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.