Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Still no answer from HP I tried contacting them through email.. no valid answer was given
HP Recommended

I know this is a year later but I recently purchased a HP Omen 870-090 desktop and ran into the same issue. The Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 that came with the system had no markings on it whatsoever and did not look like any Nvidia graphics card I have seen before. However, my computer registered it as in fact a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 and benchmark tests showed it was capable of being a GTX 1080. Still I too would like to know if Nvidia specifically makes graphics cards that look different for HP. 

HP Recommended

@MrDurden

NVIDIA supplies the basic electronics to a number of different name brand manufacturers. HP will contract with different name brand manufacturers to build the graphics card to HP specifications.  The name brand manufacturers will then add fans, covers, video outputs and other features that are beyond what is supplied by NVIDIA.

GPU-Z normally might show the manufacturer (sub vender) of the specific graphics card that is built for HP.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.