Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0034
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Need CPU water cooler for the following desktop CPU, either HP brand or aftermarket. I want it to fit without having to tear apart the motherboard, so OEM would be preferred. Need info on where to buy, thank you.

OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0034

Product number: 4NN43AA#ABA

HP advertises "liquid cooling solutions" for there desktops on the web site, WHAT ARE THEY HP ?????

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Can you remove the side panel where the MB is located?

Installing a CPU liquid cooler is not to bad to do. You usually need an open USB 2.0 header on the MB and a SATA connection.

USB is needed to control fan/pump speeds and RGB. SATA is needed to power the pump.

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

This site (Link) lists replacement component purchase options for your PC.

I don't see a liquid cooling option.

You will have to install a CPU socket back plate when using any CPU AIO liquid cooler. 

You will have to remove the MB if you can't get to the back of the MB when it is installed in the chassis.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thank you, I kinda figured that was going to be the answer, I just don’t know why HP shows a cooling system as an added feature. 

HP Recommended

Hi,

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Can you remove the side panel where the MB is located?

Installing a CPU liquid cooler is not to bad to do. You usually need an open USB 2.0 header on the MB and a SATA connection.

USB is needed to control fan/pump speeds and RGB. SATA is needed to power the pump.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.