Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 17" Monitor Serial# CND5390C9H
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have the following: 

17" 11 yr old HP Monitor [serial number removed] and product number:  PK657AA.

Here is some background:

1).  Monitor has Power

2). Monitor displays black screen with "No Input Signal" message bouncng around screen

3).  I have changed out different cables and cables work on other monitors, just not this one any more

4).  I had to restart computer in safe mode, and I pushed a bunch of buttons...F8-F10-F12.  And when doing so, all of a sudden the monitor stopped working and when into this "No Input Signal" mode and it's never been the same since.

Bottom line, I don't know which button I was pushing when this happened.

I have noticed in Device Manager that the driver is listed as Generic PnP Monitor.  And this was updated about the time this happened. 

I cannot find a driver on the internet that is for this monitor and it didn't come with disks.

I cannot even roll back the driver to a previous driver when the monitor worked.

I even try to uninstall the Generic PnP Monitor Driver, and it just keeps coming back automiatically.

I have connected the desktop to other monitors and they all work fine.

I have even tried doing a system restore to before all this happened and the only restore point I can get is a time AFTER all this happened.

I am not computer saavy, but am learning.  So I don't have a clue where the problem lies and how to fix it.

Can anyone PLEASE direct me?

TIA!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@famousredhead,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Awesome job on diagnosing the issue correctly and performing smart troubleshooting before posting your question on HP forums. Kudos to you on that score. 

I recommend you disconnect the monitor from the computer and remove all the cables (Including power cable). Press and hold the power button on the monitor for 5 seconds with all the cables disconnected from the monitor and then connect all the cables and turn on it and check whether the issue is resolved.

If you continue facing the issue, I am sending you a private message suggesting the next course of action.

Please check your private message icon in the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.  And your email.  Nothing worked.  I was able to find the driver for the monitor and got rid of the Generis PnP driver on the computer, and installed the correct monitor driver.  But that didn't work either.  So I will take you advice.  I am handing the monitor over to my repair person and see what they come up with.  In the end, if it's toast looks like I'll be forking out $$ for a new monitor.

Thanks again...Cheers!

HP Recommended

@famousredhead,

Thank you for keeping me posted.

I believe it is a hardware malfunction and the monitor needs repair.

If any other questions arise, please feel free to write back to me.

Good day! Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.