Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen 30l (9EE29AA#ABA)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello all. I recently bought the Omen 30l tower (2020) with the Ryzen 7 3700x, RTX 2060 gpu, 16g DDR4 and the M.2 256g ssd + 1tb backup mechanical drive.

I have been searching and cant find a good answer for my questions here:

What is the best and biggest Liquid Cooling "radiator" that i can install to cool the Ryzen 7?

I want to upgrade my ram to 32g, does it need to be HyperX Fury RGB brand?

I'm thinking about upgrading to the NVidia RTX 3070, what kind of power supply would i need to buy to power that baby? Also, what brand is the Included RTX 2060?

My main issue is i actually hit over 170 deg F earlier. That's pretty hot and it worries me since i just spent $2,500 in total on this one system.

Sorry for the stupid questions, the last time i bothered to build a gaming pc was in 2009 so it's been quite a while and im a newb lol.

Thank you all, have a good day.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Demonbreed

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to upgrade the RAM and the graphics card on the computer and also want to know the biggest cooling radiator you can install on the computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Your computer supports up to 32 GB of RAM and you can install 32GB on the computer. Refer to the below link for detailed information under memory upgrade information.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/omen-desktop-pc-30l-gt13-0000a/33802663/model/34128637/document...

You can install the RTX 3070 on the computer however, the RTX 3000 series cards are bigger in length so you need to make sure that it fits inside the tower.

The recommended power supply for the RTX 3070 is 650W and above.

For the cooling radiator, you need to check the available space inside the tower to install the biggest cooling radiator and purchase accordingly.

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.