Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen 870-224
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hey everyone, I've just bought this Omen 870-224 and I was wondering if I am stuck with the internals I have or if an upgrade was possible. I would to replace the motherboard, the processor, the graphics card and add on some more RAM. Is this at all doable with this product or do I just have to make do as is?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Just to clarify - "I've just bought this Omen 870-224 "  According to the spec page, that PC came out in 2017.  The components are from that era.  Not much room for a CPU upgrade but the Intel Core i7-7700 is approved for that motherboard.

The graphics card is listed as NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (3 GB), so a fairly decent card.  What did you have in mind for an upgrade?  If you get too aggressive, a power supply upgrade may be needed.

Memory - you have 8GB or memory.  It can support 16GB

Listed is:

• Dual channel (one DIMM per channel) memory architecture
  • Two DDR4 UDIMM (288-pin) sockets
  • Supports PC4-17000 (DDR4-2133)
  • Supports 4 GB and 8 GB UDIMMs
  • Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit systems
    note:
    32-bit systems cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.
  • Supports up to 16 GB (unbuffered) on 64-bit computers

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

According to the HP Spec Page  page it is 64 Bit not 32. And it shipped from HP with 8 GBI found that to be odd a Gaming system that is 32 Bit and 4 GB. If you are going to replace the board why not just replace the case and power supply? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.