Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 2000
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hello, I have an HP 2000 Laptop with Windows 8.1 operating system with a Hewlett-Packard 1854 motherboard (U3E1) and I want to switch to the Windows 10 Home operating system! Do you think it affects system performance if the motherboard is not compatible with Windows 10?

My system:
Processor - Intel Core i3 3110M 2.40GHz
Video Card - Intel HD Graphics 4000 (1.75 GB RAM)
8GB RAM
HDD 750 GB

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

Based on the specs you posted, your notebook should be able to run W10.

The only device that may not work might be the wireless adapter.

I believe that all HP 200 notebooks originally came with Windows 7 or Windows 8.

You can try out W10 for free, by clicking on the blue Update Now button at the link below.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

If everything works OK on W10, then you're all set.

If things don't work right on W10, or you find that you like W8.1 better, you can easily go back to W8.1 within 30 days of installing it, as long as you don't delete any of the installation files or the Windows.old folder.

Just follow the steps below to do that.

Go back to Windows 8.1 (microsoft.com)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.