Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP pavilion 570-p038no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello. Im asking how i can OC my AMD A8-9600 3.1ghz APU Processor which is in my HP desktop computer.  Its factory clock is 3.1ghz and the Turbo can reach 3.4ghz so can someone tell how to overclock to that 3.4ghz because i dont find any setting in bios to do that because its the factory one and no extra settings just the basics. Is there any software to do that? Please tell me here and help thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

first of all overclocking nowadays no longer returns the improvements that cpu's from several years ago benifited from

second overclocking increases power draw up to 100% more than stock and increses the cost of running the system by a siginifant amount, not to mention that the stock cooler needs to be upgraded. not worthwhile for a under 5-8% cpu increase in my opinion

last due to the above, OEM vendors lock down the bios in reguards to overclocking as they do no want the support headachs

bottom line, you have a HP OEM system, so no overclocking is allowed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.