Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grobbs
Level 2
18 16 0 5
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

P6-2380ea - DVI-D - Will it support 2560 x 1440 resolution ?

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Pavilion p6-2380ea that I'm looking to upgrade.  I want to have a higher resolution monitor. I understand the motherboard integral graphics are Intel HD 2500. Can this support 2560 x 1440 using DVI in dual mode and if so, how to I configure it to output in dual mode ?

3 REPLIES 3
Grobbs
Author
Level 2
18 16 0 5
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just to clarify, not looking to use 2 monitors, just 1 at a higher resolution than HD

0 Kudos
banhien
Level 19
Level 19
90,470 90,347 11,617 24,908
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Grobbs 

A single dual-link DVI connection can deliver up to 2560 × 1600 at 60 Hz therefore it should work.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Grobbs
Author
Level 2
18 16 0 5
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply. I was aware of the theoretical max, but had read elsewhere that intel 2500 users had only been able to get QHD via Displayport..... guess the only way to confirm is to get one and see if it works - with Graphics cards prices at the moment would like to avoid having to add a new card

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation