Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Solved!

P7-1207c - Graphics Card

HP Recommended
P7-1207c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have a hp p7-1207c (with aahd3-hb) and would like to upgrade my onboard video (ATI Radeon HD 6530D) to a GTX 750ti or something similar. My understanding is my board accepts PCI x16 version 2.0 and the cards I'm looking at are 3.0, which is no issue.

My question is do you know if anyone's forsees any issues and/or significant improvement in performance?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
135,170 124,526 20,722 31,813
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

There is a 3rd piece of the graphics card puzzle that is more important than the power supply wattage or the PCI express version, and that is the BIOS version.

Any graphics card beyond one of the GT(X) 6xx models requires a UEFI BIOS with a BIOS revision of 8.1x or higher.

I would imagine your PC's BIOS has a revision of 7.xx or older, making it impossible to install a GTX 750ti.

You will have to look on the used market on eBay and find a GTX 6xx model that will work within the constraints of your PC's power supply.

There are no BIOS updates for your PC to bring it to v8.1x.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
1 REPLY 1
Paul_Tikkanen
Level 21
Level 21
135,170 124,526 20,722 31,813
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi:

There is a 3rd piece of the graphics card puzzle that is more important than the power supply wattage or the PCI express version, and that is the BIOS version.

Any graphics card beyond one of the GT(X) 6xx models requires a UEFI BIOS with a BIOS revision of 8.1x or higher.

I would imagine your PC's BIOS has a revision of 7.xx or older, making it impossible to install a GTX 750ti.

You will have to look on the used market on eBay and find a GTX 6xx model that will work within the constraints of your PC's power supply.

There are no BIOS updates for your PC to bring it to v8.1x.

View solution in original post

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation