Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ALL IN ONE
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hopefully I'm posting this in the right area. I just got this PC, not sure if this is a computer issue or some setting somewhere but whenever I try to download a PDF or other file the computer keeps downloading the same file over and over again, my screen blinks, and I am unable to perform any other tasks (even end task) it won't bring anything up or barely allow me to type and the computer kicks on sounding like it's working overtime. I have to either wait for it to stop on it's own but most of the time it doesn't and I end up having to close all my work and restart. I cannot reach HP does anyone know if this is a setting somewhere? I cannot find where this would be I looked in all the obvious places on PC don't see anything that would explain this, nothing on internet similar to my issue. This is a major problem. Any ideas are greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@woodsr,

Are you noticing multiple downloads of the same PDF (download folder).  If so, that is caused by you repeatedly downloading the file. This happens when you "click" more than once.  There is a time lag in the process, ad you might be multi-clicking the download. (PS<> I have done it, and also as a tech, seem it may times).

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

I appreciate you responding however I did not expect to get an answer like this. It's like asking me if there is gas in the car when it won't start. I click it once, and this what happens. I understand the concept of over clicking. That's why I asked if it was a setting somewhere. I click to download and the computer immediately starts downloading endlessly, the computer starts humming like it's being overworked, and I am unable to do anything else on my blinking screen.

Being that I'm not seeing anything in the usual areas, I'll be attempting to contact HP again to turn the unit in for servicing. This sounds like a computer glitch I guess. HP won't accept support calls & I only got this one response so I really don't know what to do. It's causing major problems on my computer and I work from home so this is unacceptable. Thanks anyways, hopefully someone will chime in with some other ideas? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.