Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-11-2022 11:06 AM
I have HP Envy Phoenix 810-150se.
Some component overheats and cuts abruptly power. I know it is heat problem, because if I remove the computer cover and turn on fan and keep it on, to keep the computer cool, computer will work without problem.
I need to find out what component does it, find part number, buy and replace it.
I hope someone had the same problem and can help.
Thank you in advance very much,
11-13-2022 07:52 AM
I would use PC Compressed air in a can to clear any dust bunnies from the CPU cooler fins.
If that did not work I would remove the cooler, remove the thermal pad, then clean the underside of the cooler and top of the processorwith isopropyl alcohol and then properly apply Arctic Ceramique or another high performance thermal interface paste.
There are videos on YouTube and instructions at Arctic Silver that show how to do that properly
That should resolve the issue.
I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If my post was helpful or you just want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"
11-22-2022 10:36 PM
Check the Computer for Overheating
If your Windows 10 PC shuts down abruptly, the first thing I would recommend you do is to check if it's overheating. Overheating could be due to damaged or underperforming fans, poor ventilation, dust, and inadequate power supply.
12-08-2022 08:59 AM
Thank you very much Erico for your suggestions.
Here is more detail description of the problem and what I was doing:
- Intermittent power cut off. Time interval differs from view hours to 15 minutes. After power goes off, power supply LED goes off also and comes back after about 1 minute. All fans are turning. Computer will work as usual, after removing side cover and placing blower fan in front of it. Definitely cooling problem.
- I cleaned computer with compress air. After cleaning power cuts off consistently after about 2 min.
- I applied Arctic Silver 5 paste on processor under heat sink. The same problem.
- I replaced Liquid Cooling System. The same problem plus error message on boot: Rear Chassis fan not detected, Press F1. After pressing F1 system will start. All fans are turning.
- I replaced fan from old Cooling System. No change.
At this point I don’t know what do to next.
I well appreciate any suggestions.
Thank you again
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community