Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
8300 CMT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello guys well I have an issue yesterday I realized that my gpu was on my pcie x4 slot so I changed it to my x16.The problem now is that my gpu is recognized in dev manager but in dxdiag I only see the Microsoft display driver and cannot change resolution more than 1280x720 so windows uses the mircosoft display driver instead of my gpu.

Specs:
HP 8300 CMT
I7 3770
ATI 4670 1GB
1 TB WD HDD
8GB PC3-12800 Hynix
Sound blaster soundcard.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Easy just unistall drivers and install again is a good oportuniti to update yours drivers (make sure to old drivers will be deleted from the system).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Easy just unistall drivers and install again is a good oportuniti to update yours drivers (make sure to old drivers will be deleted from the system).

HP Recommended

Hi menelaos0147

Did you change the GPU position of the HP factory configuration.

I can't imagine HP would use a slower x16 slot when building the system. Anything is possible but if this happened it is very unlikely. It must have been assembled on Monday morning or Friday afternoon.

The fastest x16 slot on most motherboards is the slot closest to the CPU socket.

Grzy

HP Recommended

Um well the GPU is mine I bought it myself but I dont know why I installed it to my x4 slot.I solved it the problem was that I was installing my drivers but the display driver was not beeing installed because AMD refuses to make drivers for HD4000 models on win 10 systems so I had to do it manually from device manager and install a .inf file that was not being installed from the setup.exe file.

Thnak you guys for your  answers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.